What is Interval Training?
Interval Training enables participants to improve their fitness performance by high-intensity work efforts (drills) with periods of recovery.
In MAX Interval Training, like INSANITY, instead of working out moderately with short bursts of intensity, INSANITY features longer periods of high-intensity exercise punctuated with short periods of rest. Unique to INSANITY using explosive cardio and plyometric drills and nonstop intervals of cardiovascular strength and power for the ultimate conditioning program.
What are the benefits of MAX Interval Training?
- Adaptation Response – Your body begins to adapt to the changes during exercise. Because of the varied stress from interval training, your body starts producing more capillaries. The increase allows more blood to flow through muscles and parts of your body with less effort. This means you develop the capacity to work harder for longer and recover faster.
- Cross-Training Benefits – By exercising your muscles in a workout like INSANITY, you’ll put them through a series of tests, which cause them to build up strength and firmness, rendering them less prone to injury.
- Calorie Burning – According to recent studies more are calories burned in high-intensity, shorter-duration intervals than steady training.
- Efficiency – Research shows you can achieve more progress in a mere 15 minutes of MAX Interval Training than jogging on a treadmill for an hour.
- Healthier Heart
- Lose Weight, Not Muscle – MAX Interval Training workouts, like INSANITY, allow you to preserve hard-earned muscles while ensuring most of the weight loss comes from fat store.
- Increased Metabolism – MAX Interval Training stimulates production of human growth hormone (HGH) by up to 450% during the 24 hours after you finish your workout. This is even more significant because HGH is not only responsible for increased caloric burn, but also slows down the aging process, making you younger both inside and out.
- Burning More Fat During and After Class – Not only to you burn more calories during MAX Interval Training workouts, but the effect of all that intense exertion kicks your body’s repair cycle into hyperdrive. That means you can burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours AFTER a MAX Interval Training workout.
Insanity can be modified for all ages and fitness levels! It’s fun and challenging! If you want to switch up your training! INSANITY is where you want to go!!
To find out more about joining a new challenge group, fill out the survey below: